What are the ethical and human rights implications of Smart Information Systems?’
Looking towards the future of technology, SHERPA is a project that will investigate, analyse and synthesise our understanding of the ways in which Smart Information Systems impact ethics and human rights issues.
Now is the time to harness the benefits of SIS and simultaneously address their downsides. The SHERPA project is uniquely placed to guide the ongoing debate, focus it and develop actionable recommendations and advocate them to ensure that SIS promote the public good.
SHERPA aims to clarify and exemplify the ethical and human rights issues of SIS through a series of methods:
- Developing 10 case studies and 5 future-looking scenarios.
- Spelling out ethical and social tensions and their role in the current human rights framework.
- Working closely with 45 stakeholders throughout the project to conduct both a large-scale online survey of 1,000 European Citizens and a Delphi study with 60 experts.
- 10 short videos to demonstrate the steps of the project.
- Disseminate and Communicate these findings with stakeholders and the public
EBS is proud to manage the work package on Communications, Exploitation and Advocacy.
Please contact Anya Gregory at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss research partnership opportunities.