Job alert – we’re hiring a Communications Assistant
Do you want to work at the heart of the European Union? Are you looking for a first professional experience in a young, dynamic and multicultural environment? Are you a team player with excellent communication and organisational skills? If so, it’s the right time to join our team at the European Business Summit (EBS), a renowned Brussels-based organisation that facilitates multi-stakeholder debates and networking.
Internship / Communications Assistant
The European Business Summits (EBS) is a renowned Brussels-based organisation that facilitates networking and multi-stakeholder debates.
Our purpose is to achieve the greatest impact on policy-making processes by bringing together business leaders, policy makers, civil society experts and opinion-formers to stimulate diverse thinking on the most challenging global issues.
We are looking for a Communications Assistant for a paid 6-month internship (CIP) to assist the communication team with managing communications and profiling EBS programmes for maximum impact.
An internship at EBS is a great opportunity for learning and self-development for someone who has recently graduated and is eager to gain experience in communications and event coordination as well as a good understanding of working in a busy Brussels-based organisation.
- Supporting the production and development of communication and marketing material including reports, one-pagers, newsletters, key messages and stories;
- Maintaining and updating the contents of our communication channels (website and social media)
- Utilising online metric tools to report on statistics for websites, social media, and email campaigns’ impact;
- Developing and editing original content;
- Assisting in the organisation of meetings and debates, as well as with general administrative tasks as needed
- Relevant university degree (communication, marketing, media studies, EU studies, international relations);
- Excellent written and spoken English skills (minimum C1 level);
- Knowledge of email marketing tools (Flexmail, MailChimp, Sendgrid) and knowledge of Adobe Package (especially InDesign and Photoshop) is desirable
- Good understanding of EU institutions and interest in European and global affairs;
- Good research and analytical skills;
- A proactive team player with excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Able to show flexibility, and initiative and to work autonomously in a multicultural team;
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a young, dynamic, international and fast-paced environment and to combine a first full-time work experience with hands-on training.
- Room for professional development and to acquire challenging and interesting responsibilities.
- The opportunity to develop a high-level network by attending the Summits and all preparation meetings with key stakeholders.
- A 6-month Brussels-based paid internship (CIP contract, competitive remuneration) with possible 6-month renewal and subsequent permanent contract CDI.
Who can apply?
- This position is for people who have recently graduated and are eager to acquire a first work experience.
- It is open to candidates in possession of a valid work permit in Belgium.
How to apply?
- The position is for a six-month period and will start by late January.
- To apply, please send your CV and a 1-page cover letter to Michela Sandron, Communications Manager at EBS (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, 08 January 2024 with the email subject COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT – JOB APPLICATION
- Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.