Job alert – we’re hiring a Defence Programme Assistant
Do you want to work at the heart of the European Union? Do you have an interest in defence policy?
Are you looking for a first professional experience in a young, dynamic and multicultural environment? Are you a team player with excellent communication and organisational skills? If so, it’s the right time to join our team at the European Business Summit (EBS), a renowned Brussels-based organisation that facilitates multi-stakeholder debates and networking.
Internship / Programme Assistant
The European Business Summits (EBS) is a renowned Brussels-based organisation that facilitates networking and multi-stakeholder debates.
Our purpose is to achieve the greatest impact on policy-making processes by bringing together business leaders, policy makers, civil society experts and opinion-formers to stimulate diverse thinking on the most challenging global issues.
We are looking for a Programme Assistant for a paid 6-month internship (CIP) to assist the team with managing projects and communications and profiling our Defence programme for maximum impact.
An internship at EBS is a great opportunity for learning and self-development for someone who has recently graduated and is eager to gain experience in communications and project management as well as a good understanding of working in a busy Brussels-based organisation.
- Support with programme and proposal writing and editing (e.g. preparation of proposals/documents for new projects and extensions of ongoing projects; development of materials and presentations relevant to organisation of events and meetings; and simple administrative correspondence);
- Keep abreast of key EU-related policy developments and research speakers, themes and background information;
- Assist and support the team with the delivery of summits (draft and follow up high-level invitations; attend meetings with external stakeholders and take minutes; help keep track of the overall organisation/logistics);
- Produce and develop communication and marketing material including bite-sized content for our social media platforms and newsletters;
- Maintain and update EBS communication channels including our websites;
- Perform administrative tasks, such as data entry, updating directory of contacts and partners, scheduling conference calls, maintaining filing and records, and facilitating meetings as required.
- Relevant university degree (for example relating to political science, international studies);
- Excellent command of English (C1 level), knowledge of French is desirable.
- Good understanding of EU institutions and interest in European and global affairs;
- Good research and analytical skills;
- A proactive team player ready to take initiative;
- Excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Able to show flexibility, and work autonomously in a multicultural team;
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a young, dynamic, international and fast-paced environment and to combine a first full-time work experience with hands-on training.
- Room for professional development and to acquire challenging and interesting responsibilities.
- The opportunity to develop a high-level network by attending the Summits and all preparation meetings with key stakeholders.
- A 6-month Brussels-based paid internship (CIP contract, competitive remuneration) with possible 6-month renewal and subsequent permanent contract CDI.
Who can apply?
- This position is for people who have recently graduated and are eager to acquire a first work experience.
- It is open to candidates in possession of a valid work permit in Belgium.
How to apply?
- The position is to start by late January 2024 and will be based in Brussels.
- To apply, please send your CV and a 1-page cover letter to Julie Bolle, Chief of Staff at EBS (email@example.com) by Monday, 08 January 2024 with the email subject DEFENCE PROGRAMME ASSISTANT – JOB APPLICATION.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.