- Your application – In your team’s application, you will be asked to explain why you have chosen a particular challenge and how you intend to approach it. We will carefully assess your application, focussing in particular on creativity and the potential for the circular economy and social innovation. Please note: your idea for the challenge does not yet need to be fleshed out (that’s what the Hackathon is for).
- Your team’s interdisciplinarity – To ensure that participants are from a variety of relevant disciplines we will ask you to fill in a section on your academic and professional background. Preference will be given to teams with a diverse and relevant interdisciplinary background.
- Geographical balance – When you fill in your application you will be asked to add which country you are based in. During the selection, the organisers will try to ensure that selected team and participants reflect a variety of countries. All Participants have to be based in a country participating in the COSME programme of the European Union. This includes all EU countries as well as some non-EU countries.
- Gender balance – Each team should aim at a balanced gender composition, as far as possible.
- Participation - Participants have to be available to participate in the online meetings scheduled ahead of the event and travel to Brussels on the days of the event (16-17 November 2020). Travel expenses and hotel accommodation will not be covered.